For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the 'data controller' (ie the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
Personal data we may collect about you
If you are a practice, we will obtain data about your business (such as it’s name, address, contact details, discipline, amount of staff employed and the number of positions available) whenever you complete an online form.
If you are an individual, we will obtain personal data about you (such as your name, address, contact details, qualifications and details of your veterinary experience whenever you complete an online form.
For example, we will obtain your personal data when you register to use this website, send us feedback, post material or contact us for any reason.
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources which we will add to the information we already hold about you in order to help us improve and personalise our service provided to you and to ensure that all advertisements posted on our website are accurate.
How we use your personal data
We will use your personal data for the purposes described in the data protection notice that was given to you at the time your data was obtained.
These purposes include:
• to help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us; • administration; • research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis; • customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences; • marketing—see 'Marketing and opting out', below; • fraud prevention and detection; • billing and order fulfilment; • customising this website and its content to your particular preferences; • to notify you of any changes to this website or to our services that may affect you; • security vetting; • improving our services; and • using cookies.
Marketing and opting out
If you have given permission, we may share your personal data with organisations (“our customers”) and we or they may contact you (unless you have asked us or them not to do so) by email or telephone about any services or any other potential short term employment that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any further direct marketing communications from us or these organisations, you can opt out at any time. See 'Your rights', below for further information.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
• other companies within our group; • our agents and service providers; • law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity; and • our customers in accordance with the 'Marketing and opting out' section above.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
• access to your account is controlled by a password and user name that are unique to you; and • we store your personal data on secure servers. While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason, we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
• give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data; and • receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices.
You have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee (currently £10), to request access to personal data that we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
• put your request in writing; • include proof of your identity and address (eg a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill); • attach a cheque in the amount of £10 made payable to Simply Locums Ltd and • specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable. You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, you should: • put your request in writing; • provide us with enough information to identify you (eg account number, user name, registration details); and • specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with. You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right, you should: • put your request in writing; • provide us with enough information to identify you (eg account number, user name, registration details); and • if your objection is not to direct marketing in general, but to direct marketing by a particular channel (eg email or telephone), please specify the channel you are objecting to.
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com or you can write to us at our registered offices at Simply Locums Ltd, Babecs House, 44 Heathfield Road, Wavertree, Liverpool, L15 9HA or call us on 07825260384.
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies.
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, create your own profile and update and/or pay for your subscription for example.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, to highlight advertisements or posts that may be of interest to you based on your region).
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after a period of 3 years.